Developed by National Christian Foundation (NCF) and local leaders across the country, the Generosity Council is the platform to bring together an influential group of like-minded peers who share a passion for giving and want to make a significant impact in the movement of generosity locally and around the world.
A Generosity Council consists of people who:
- Are passionate about generosity and want to encourage each other, get equipped to share with their peers, and be more intentional about seeking God’s will about why they have been blessed with much
- Meet together (typically four times a year) to share ideas, encourage, and inspire each other and to discuss how to expand generosity in others
- May have numerous activities or goals in addition to the main meetings
Who should join a Generosity Council?
You should consider joining a GC if you are:
- Passionate about giving
- Blessed with significant resources and a desire to explore this in a safe environment
- Desiring to use your influence to advance generosity in others
- A well-respected, well-connected Christian giver in the community
- Not interested in board “status” or detailed governance work
Why would someone want to be part of a Generosity Council?
- Be encouraged by Biblical reasons for giving
- Find like-minded peers who share your passion
- Have a place to bring others to introduce them to greater generosity
- Get equipped to share your own giving journey
- Learn how to share strategies, techniques, and resources to unlock greater generosity
- Hear about how God is moving in your community
- Develop ideas and methods to prepare the next generation for their responsibility as stewards
What will you do as part of the Council?
- Attend quarterly meetings that combine relational time, spiritual teaching, encouraging testimonies, and relevant training
- Grow, learn, and share your experience with others to impact greater generosity and giving in your community and beyond
What is the potential impact?
- Stronger relationships with like-minded friends
- Expand the giving movement in your community, city, nation, and world
- Increases in both cash and asset-based giving
- Most importantly, a renewed spirit of people turning to God in this area of money and generosity that will totally impact the way they live their life for Christ
Unique features of a Generosity Council
- Simple to start
- Only needs one or more local leaders with a sense of calling; doesn’t require any staff
- Doesn’t require a board of directors or maintenance of a 501c3 organization
- No administrative duties, thereby enabling total focus on encouraging generosity
- Relationship Manager provided by NCF to help as specific opportunities emerge
- Flexible to meet local needs and allow for local creativity (agenda, number of meetings, degree of community involvement, are all adaptable within certain basic parameters)
The role of National Christian Foundation in the Generosity Council
- Since 1982, thousands of givers have given NCF over $7 Billion in assets to steward, and NCF, with advice from those givers, has granted over $5 Billion out to Kingdom work. In addition to simplifying giving, NCF’s key differentiator is our Christian focus, and our key strength is in creatively aiding asset-based giving. We engage with givers through a broad network of Relationship Managers so we can work with you regardless of geography.
- The Generosity Council is a major part of NCF’s initiative to reach more givers. We desire to support you in reaching your peers and community by providing the structure, materials, best practices, and a qualified relationship manager to help you.
- The Generosity Council is a growing concept for NCF. Local offices have convened groups that are developing and have between 8 and 50 active members. These members are getting more deeply involved in the movement of generosity and are inviting others to do the same. As a result, NCF has targeted 32 cities around the country in which to facilitate Generosity Councils over the next 3 years. Your city could be next!